Oh behave! I have Sheila Hurst to thank for this, the hot air-ballooning freelance writer and photographer from Cape Cod, who has been known to fly into cliffs and land in hedges. On her blog she evokes the romance of coastal Massachusetts and leaves me dreaming of windswept beaches. I would nominate you right back, Sheila, but you’ve already won! In the spirit of the award, I’m listing seven random facts about myself and sharing the lurve with 5 other bloggers.
Seven more random facts about me?
1. In my dreams, Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg are fighting to work with me. Ridley gets through and Steven gets voicemail.
2. I took careers advice from a Shaman.
3. Probably the happiest moment of my life was when Armistead Maupin, my favourite author, recently announced the title of his next novel on Facebook. A couple of years ago I went to a book signing and asked him if he would ever write the life story of his ingenious character, Mrs. Madrigal. He didn’t sound too keen. The latest instalment in the Tales of the City series is going to be called The Days of Anna Madrigal. I’m not claiming any credit here, but it would be amazing to think I might have had a some influence!
4. I collect obscure psychedelic music from the sixties.
5. Chronograph watches either stop or show the wrong time when I wear them.
6. I dream of building a wooden shack by the sea and living off the land with no electricity. The Vibes will be bought to you by smoke signals.
7. I used to play the oboe. I can play Bright Eyes by ear but sheet music just looks like spaghetti to me.
So who gets the gong? Who’s going to be opening the gold envelope tomorrow? These are all creative people who I follow, who all have more than one string to their bow:
Oido Del Mundo – Kevin Baker explores the jungle of world music and makes his own tunes as MacMurphy.
Mikibong - unique photographic style and panda art from graphic design student Miki.
Frivolous Monsters – dry humorous commentary and a photographic diary of the North of England.
Robonobo – a digital artist who works on computer games, writes about science-fiction and takes a decent photo too.
Marsblackvintage – homespun music and photography.