Ladies and Gentlemen, I feel fabulous and I have Elliot to thank for my nomination. He’s a writer and poet and has a great blog, Brainsplats so check the link. Of course I graciously accept – although I did run round whooping like a lunatic when I received it a week or two ago… but nobody saw me. So, dignified deep breath.
The seven facts about me are;
- I lived in Amsterdam for two years but I didn’t inhale
- I occasionally paint oil paintings, more of that in the near future.
- I love cats, the way they arrive in our lives with no luggage or tenancy agreement and turn us into their slaves while being unconditionally adored.
- I used to be a DJ in Manchester during the Madchester and Rave eras, but I still have incredibly sensitive hearing.
- I love gardening. Have no idea how that happened.
- All mathematical components in my brain are missing, presumed stifled by more interesting talents. I actually count on my fingers.
- There is a very strange symmetrical, geometric symbol on the back of my neck. It’s a birthmark, but it looks like a crop circle…
You weren’t expecting that last one, were you?
I’m passing this award on to the following nominees, and if you’ve already won it, then think of this as a second opinion…
The Creative Cat- Bernadette E Kazmarski – Wonderful paintings of animals and people complete with witty commentary.
Sheila Hurst – Reading, writing, dreaming – Photographer, writer and poet – transports me to the kind of places I’d like to be.
Bali-Style-Life – Tanya Paton, New Zealander living and painting in Bali, joyful, expressive and colourful.
On The Way – Bonnie Hull – Artist, photographer and writer – a great art journal.
Kiwsparks – Kathryn Sparks – Artist, designer and writer from Dallas – A lively spirited view of life in paint, prose and poetry.
Hands on Bowie – Herman and his cat Bowie. The cutest (and biggest) British Shorthair you will ever see!
Karma Sleeps on Top – Lina A Corrillo, engaging, passionate Creative Writing and Journalism student from Bogota studying in London.